Last month, we talked a lot about finding purpose and giving your content meaning. For April, we’ll focus on sharability. Making your content easy to share is important if you want to get more than a few pairs of eyes on it. There’s a variety of ways to accomplish this.
In the collection of links below, you’ll find everything from apps or plug-ins, to successful forms of content. Keep in mind that every medium and topic is different.
The Value Of A Good Headline
- 10 ways to write blog post titles headlines and email subject lines that make people go “whoa” (Alexandra Franzen)
- The title speaks for itself. Like “whoa”!
- 30+ Ultimate Headline Formulas for Tweets, Posts, Articles and Emails (Buffer)
- Headlines impact more than just blogs – so this post will provide you a well-rounded education.
- 19 Headline Writing Tips for Clickable, Shareable Blog Posts (Word Stream)
- 6 Lessons for Writing Irresistibly Magnetic Blog Post Headlines (ProBlogger)
- 5 Tips to Writing Irresistibly Clickable Blog Titles (ProBlogger)
- Two useful pieces chalk full of good advice from ProBlogger.
- A Foolproof Formula for Writing Clickable Blog Titles and Headlines (Hubspot)
- Accuracy and sexiness included.
Making Your Content Sharable
Step one is creating content that is sharable in quality of content and readability. Here’s some tips and hints to help you ensure your content is. You’ll notice a trend here as many of these are lists – which is a topic throughout the articles themselves.
- 8 Quick Tips for Writing Bullet Points People Actually Want To Read (CopyBlogger)
- 25 Ways To Create Shareable Content (Convince and Convert)
- 7 Secrets to Shareable Content (Entrepreneur)
- 5 Simple Tricks To Make Your Content More Shareable (Buffer)
- Key takeaway: A bit more of a social focus – but valuable data.
- 9 Real-Life Rules for Creating Shareable Content (Marketing Land)
- Important points hit in this piece including the value of emotion.
- 8 Tips Buzzfeed on Creating Shareable Content
- Rumor is, Buzzfeed gets the idea of creating viral content.
- 6 Tips to Create Shareable Content for Journalism Students
- The piece is focused towards journalism students, obviously, but provides some very pertinent data and tips regardless of your current “educational” role.
- 20 Ways To Make Your Content More Shareable (Search Engine Journal)
- 5 Tips for Creating Shareable Blog Content (Social Media Examiner)
- My favorite is #5 which states “Make your closing count”.
- 5 Tips for Creating Shareable Content (Media Planet)
- By now you’re getting the idea.
Providing Sharing Capabilities
One of the points that is often made in the section above is the idea of making sharing easy. You have the power to do this using plugins and add-ons. I could give you a list – but there’s quite a few good lists already out there. There’s a bit of an overlap, of course, but you’ll find a wide array of tools that will be the perfect addition to your blog.
- The Best Place To Put Your Social Media Buttons On Your Blog (CoSchedule)
- Coschedule explores the best place to share to place your social media buttons.
- Managing Plug-ins On WordPress (.org)
- If you’re using WordPress (and I admit, this is a bit detailed), here’s some information on installing and managing plugins
- 30 Best WordPress Social Sharing Plugins for 2015 (WP Chronicles)
- A list of some of the top social sharing pluggings by Word Press Chronicles
- 20 WordPress Plugins You Can Install Today
- 55+ Best WordPress Social Media Share Plugins
- One more to make it a trifecta!