Online Marketing. To some those two words may cause uncertainty, but not to Amanda Fox-Rouch. She knows the tremendous opportunities available with online marketing, and knows how to make them work for you.
If you’re struggling with taking advantage of the immense potential online marketing can do for you, then you won’t want to miss out on hearing Amanda speak at NEPA BlogCon on October 15th. From her passion for helping businesses grow, she has gained experience and unique knowledge to expand your presence on the web. She will give you the things you need to apply to see your profits rise. Below is only a snippet of the wealth of information Amanda has to offer. So see you there!
Amanda Fox-Rouch, Kaha Marketing
1) Building a powerful presence on the web can be a daunting task for some businesses. Thankfully there are services like your Kaha Marketing to help. You have had great success in helping business owners carve out effective online positions. What are some ‘first’ things you do in order to take them out of the fog?
One of the first things I’ll do is assess their current knowledge of internet marketing. Do they know what SEO is? What about Instagram? And, most importantly, do they understand the potential value of these tools? I find that it’s incredibly important to establish the value of internet marketing and help people understand what it really means for their businesses. That way, they have a bit of a handle on what’s going on and they understand that they’re taking a step in the right direction.
2) Social media for businesses provides multiple, and indispensable avenues to bring companies to the forefront of their industry. Why do you think some businesses aren’t taking full advantage of these? Are there things they could begin doing right away to see a difference?
I think that most business owners struggle with freeing up some time in their schedules for social media. A lot of people work 50, 60, 70 hours a week (or more!) to keep their businesses going, so they’re basically spent. And I get that. Even though it’s yet another thing to add to your already full plate, I’d suggest establishing a presence on at least one social media network. It’s important to do whatever you can to be on social media––even if it’s not that much––because it can bring untold value to your business. If you can only post to Facebook once every two weeks, do it! Even a little bit of effort is better than none at all, and it’s better to focus on one social media network than to spread yourself thin over multiple websites.
3) You have assisted websites in creating valuable content for readers. What type of content do you feel is best for a business to create? Do you feel every company should dedicate a certain amount of time to creating content?
The best type of content creates value for your audience. It’s good to write about things that they would find interesting, like how-to guides and frequently asked questions related to your industry.
In terms of dedicating time to your content, I look at this in much the same way as I do social media. Ideally, you should be posting at least one blog post a week, if not two. But if you can’t manage that with your current schedule and budget, just do whatever you can, even if you’re only putting out one blog post every two months. The focus here should be on quality, not quantity. So wait until you can sit down to really hammer out a post that will be worth your readers’ time. Content marketing is definitely a long-term strategy, and it should be treated as such.
4) Although you offer a wide variety of services, for all sizes of companies, it seems some of your main clients and focus are family owned, small businesses. Why are helping these especially important for you?
Helping family-owned small businesses is important to me because the people who run them pour their hearts and souls into what they do. I want these business owners to understand that internet marketing success is composed of a series of small steps. There are little things you can do every single day to advance toward your goals––the internet is a huge place, and there are many opportunities that everyone can take advantage of.
5) When working heavily online and on a computer, it is nice to get away from the screens. I see you enjoy hiking. I enjoy that myself. What are some places you’ve most liked to hike? What else do you enjoy when not in front of a computer helping others building winning businesses?
I love the trails at PEEC, and I highly recommend them to any hikers in the area. I think my favorite place I’ve ever hiked was Breakneck Ridge in New York. There was a part of the trail we took that involved rock scrambling to scale a huge hill, which was awesome. In my spare time I also enjoy running, karaoke, and just exploring the Poconos.
Thank you for these wonderful and encouraging answers, Amanda. You make internet marketing sound manageable and something every person or business can do. And there is help out there, like your business, which can provide guidance to anyone wanting to take steps towards having a strong impact and presence.
I am going to have to look into those trails. There are so many beautiful and adventurous places out there to explore and those seem like locations not to miss! Thank Again! See you at BlogCon! Can’t wait!