Now entering its 6th year, NEPA BlogCon, the region’s only blogging and social media conference, is proud to announce both the start of ticket availability and selected speakers for this year’s event.
NEPA BlogCon will make its return on Saturday, October 14, 2017 at Penn State Worthington-Scranton. Tickets are available FREE at NEPABlogCon.com and include admission to the conference and expo hall, SWAG, and lunch refreshments. Limited availability, so don’t wait to register!
NEPA BlogCon is designed to bring together bloggers of all experience levels, as well as those interested in marketing, social media, creativity, leadership, technology, and branding.
Professional communicators, small business owners, non-profit organizations and students alike are welcome to attend – and do!
NEPA BlogCon draws a wide range of local, regional, and international talent.
This year’s agenda includes speakers like:
- Kathryn Bondi, Digital Designer at Posture Interactive
- Sam Chiarelli, creative nonfiction author and blogger for This Day in Dinosaurs
- Kristin Elliott, social media manager for REELZChannel
- Lew Hastings, host of Red Road Radio Show and founder of the Native Now Foundation
- Dan Kimbrough, videographer, educator, and founder of Park Multimedia
- Kenny Luck, author and filmmaker
- Claudia Pennington, internet marketer and founder of SEOAuditGuide.com
- Lori Rochino, author and podcast host of Simply Designed Life
Attendees can expect presentations and roundtable discussions on branding, content development, podcasting, vlogging, and more. Jeannine Luby, author and founder of Laugh to Live!, will serve as this year’s MC.
This year’s BlogCon will also see the return of the popular NEPA BlogCon Expo, which debuted at last year’s conference. The Expo offers businesses, professional organizations, non-profits, and other community resources an opportunity to meet and network with online influencers who attend NEPA BlogCon. Spots still available. Contact us to learn more!
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
Thanks to the support of sponsors and partners like Penn State Worthington-Scranton, Net Driven, Park Multimedia, WhatNow App, LIU 18, The Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce, The Wilkes-Barre THINK Center, AAF NEPA, and tecBRIDGE, NEPA BlogCon is able to offer its event at a low cost to the community.
Both NEPA BlogCon and its STEM education camp, Squirrel Girls Tech Camp, is held in collaboration with sponsor organization, tecBRIDGE, a regional collegial organization that collaboratively strives to create and embrace entrepreneurial opportunities with the purpose of growing technology and biotechnology wealth within Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Making technology and new ways of thinking accessible is a vital part of our mission.
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY EFFORTS
Last year, NEPA BlogCon drew more than 150 local bloggers, technology influencers, students, and marketing professionals to Northeastern Pennsylvania, raising thousands of dollars to benefit Squirrel Girls Tech Camp, a technology camp for girls in grade 4-6.
NEPA BlogCon is unique in that all proceeds go to benefit non-profit and community education projects. It is organized by volunteers and could not be held without the support of sponsors, local businesses, attendees, and community leaders.
Since the event originated in 2012, the amount raised for charity totals more than $15,000, with beneficiaries including Squirrel Girls Tech Camp, Blue Chip Farms Animal Refuge, NEPA Veterans Multicare Alliance, and The Arc of Luzerne County.
FAST FACTS ABOUT NEPA BLOGCON
- WHEN: Saturday, October 14, 2017
- TIME: Registration opens at 8:30 a.m., first session kicks off at 10:00 a.m. and day ends at 4:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Penn State Worthington-Scranton
- HOW: Tickets are FREE – register here.
- WHAT: Tickets include lunch refreshments and admission to all sessions, the keynote, and the NEPA BlogCon Expo.