Attending NEPA BlogCon for the first time? We’re glad you’re coming – here’s what to expect.
What should I bring?
A smartphone or tablet is highly recommended, NEPA BlogCon is a very social event!
Other great bring alongs include:
- Notebook and pen
- Water bottle (hydration is important!)
- Business cards for networking
- Camera (unless of course, yours is in your smart phone)
- Cash for Raffles – don’t worry, if you forget! There is an ATM located in the Study Learning Center.
What to Expect When You’re BlogCon-ing
This is and isn’t your average conference.
Like most events, you start out by registering. We’ll have a table set up where you can confirm your registration and ask any questions about the day. Have some coffee and morning snacks and start networking. Volunteers will be floating around throughout the day to answer questions also.
Tip: To talk about the event use our hashtag #NEPABlogCon. Want to say hi? Talk to us at @NEPABlogCon.
Once the first session starts, break out your favorite notetaking device and prepare to have your mind blown. Seriously. We are known for having incredible speakers open up their wonderful minds to share experience with us. You’ll walk away feeling pumped and ready to write a post. Or start your first blog. Or to turn your Facebook page into a lead generating machine. Whatever your goals are, sessions to help you achieve them will be happening all throughout the day.
At lunch you’ll nosh, you’ll laugh, and you’ll have a chance to talk more with other attendees. Speaking of talking, we’ve also built in extra time at lunch for you to network and visit with speakers and vendors. We’re thoughtful that way.
When the afternoon break-out sessions end, join us for the after party hosted by NEPA Blogs at the River Grille in Wilkes-Barre – then you’ll be set free into the world to spread your voice and talent across the internet.
The best way to make friends at NEPA BlogCon is to start talking!
Ask questions, have your elevator pitch ready, and be genuine. We’ve overheard attendees talking about everything from blogging to sandwich toppings (really!). Network during registration, between sessions, at lunch and during the Expo session – and by all means during the conference use social media to talk about the sessions, sponsors, swag, venue and more using our hashtag #NEPABlogCon.
We’re all really friendly and we want everyone to feel comfortable at our event. This is a place to learn, to grow, and to meet other like-minded technology types who want to be better communicators.
Bring your passion and personality and leave the baggage at the door – we can’t wait to meet you and hear all about you!
Four Fast FAQs
- What if I miss something? Each year, we record our sessions and make them available to attendees so that everyone gets to take full advantage of the expertise shared by our speakers. So no worries if you need to leave early or if you miss something in the schedule. We’ve got you.
- Will there be vegetarian and options for other dietary needs available at lunch? Yes! Lunch will have options sure to please everyone’s palate, no matter what your nom needs are.
- Registration – wait, what? Yes, you need to register for this event in advance. Tickets will be available from September 6 and registration open until a few days before the conference. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.
- Do I need a blog to attend? No! Everyone is welcome, especially if you’re interested in learning how to communicate more effectively online – personally, professionally, on behalf of your organization, and otherwise.
What Happens Afterward?
We live happily ever after blogging away. We’re all best friends. We name our first child after you.
We all can hope for a future like that, but if you’re curious about what happens after the conference day, well, the real answer is that the possibilities are limitless!
For the most part, attendees try to keep in touch after NEPA BlogCon, either through social media or becoming blog readers, commenters, and supporters. Most like the NEPA BlogCon Facebook page or join the NEPA Bloggers Facebook group. We have a great community on Twitter too.
And, don’t forget to check back with us in a few weeks to see the session recordings (thanks, Park Multimedia!).
Throughout the year, NEPA BlogCon tries to stay in touch with attendees and presenters. We’ve done meetups. We’ve rocked karaoke nights. We’ve swapped technology tips and tools over brews. We’re really cool people, and we’re glad to have you be part of the crew.
And don’t forget, if you are not signed up to receive email updates take the time now to do it here!